I'm back with a review i've been looking forward to, thanks to Beauty By Shea I was able to try out 100% raw organic unrefined shea butter.
This was new for me as I had never used shea butter, surprising right? (except trying my sisters on my skin once.)
Shea butter has numerous benefits and has a great mix of emollients with Vitamins A, E, F & K.
- Natural SPF, great for skin and hair protection from UV rays
- Great for irritated skin and scalp problems, whether your scalp is itchy or you have dandruff (shea absorbs into the scalp and doesn't clog your pores)
- Amazing sealant to lock in moisture and produce softening effects
- Natural heat protectant ( can't wait to try it next time I straighten my hair.)
There's so many uses for shea butter that it's pretty much an all around great product
- Caring for your cuticles
- Lip balm for soft, moisturized lips
- Healing of scars
- Eyelash/Eyebrow growth
- Helps to lay down edges
- And much more! (=
I recently used the shea butter for a twistout instead of my usual coconut oil and must I say...I LOVE IT. The shea butter gave a natural stretch to my twistout and the shine was gorgeous. This will definitely become a staple to my twistouts.
(Pics After the Jump!)
(The first pic is after untwisting, second is after separated and picked out and the last two are outside views (:)
I hope everyone that hasn't tried shea butter tries it and if you have some try out some of the other uses!
I will be holding a giveaway until 9/2 (sorry, forgot that the giveaway shut off date was so close.) Make sure to enter so you can try out some for yourself!) Beauty By Shea (:
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.