Tuesday, August 19, 2014

How I Achieve A Heatless Blowout

Hey Hunnibees (=
I loooove doing hair posts, maybe this will become a weekly thing since i'm always trying something new whether it be a style or product.

This post is going to be on no heat blowouts,
this is my favorite method for quick stretching of natural hair and maybe it'll be yours soon as well.

What I Did:
1. Washed my hair with ORS HAIRepair Invigorating Shampoo
2. Conditioned with Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Moist
3. Applied Cantu Shea Butter Leave In on soaking wet hair
4. Coated hair with Vatika Coconut Oil ( I love this oil but I will be finding another coconut oil to replace it)
5. Sectioned off hair while in shower and twisted it
6. Let hair dry while wrapped in t-shirt
7. When hair is still damp its time to blow dry(I have a blowdryer with a cold setting, if you don't use your coolshot button and use a heat protectant.)
8. Mid way through blow drying I apply Carols Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey which makes their hair more smooth and set.
9. Optional- twist while blowdrying for soft, silky twistout.

Blowdry&Twist

Note: Tangle Teezers work great for heatless blowdrying, if you want your hair to be smoother follow up with a denman or paddle brush.

The Outcome:




No styling





















Light Styling

















Twistout

















What's your favorite? Have you ever used this method on your hair? I love the versatility of natural hair (:







4 comments:

  1. You make me want to try this, but I'm so lazy XD. It looks amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do ittt, i'd love to see it :3 ! It doesn't take that long and it lasts 2+ weeks ( trust me i'm lazy too hence why I like this style! x) ) Thanks ash

      Delete
  2. My blowouts don't come out right. I will try out your method this weekend! Thanks for posting this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see your results! (= Tell me how it goes!

      Delete

About Me

My photo
Heyy there! My name is megan, and I hate introductions